ISBN-13 : 9780198745525
ISBN-10 : 0198745524
Language : English
Published : 2017-07-30
Pages : 1048
Tort Law: Text and Materials
The sixth edition of this celebrated book brings together a selection of carefully chosen extracts from cases and materials with insightful author text. Each section begins with a clear overview of the law, followed by illustrating extracts from case law and from government reports and scholarly literature, which are supported by the authors’ expert explanation and analysis. Opportunities for further research are highlighted by the many suggestions for additional readings that are woven throughout the text. This approach enables students to gain a rich and contextual understanding of the law of tort.
ISBN-13 : 9780198745525
‘A highly accessible and clearly written book for non-law students.’ Stuart Peck, Senior Lecturer in Law, London Metropolitan University ‘Adams’ book provides a sound core text for business students encountering the law for the first time.’ Dr Cheryl Dolder, Specialist Associate Lecturer in Law, University of Kent ‘The book clearly introduces principles of law to both law and non-law students in a manner which is easily understood and applied.’ Sukhninder Panesar, Associate Head of the Department of Law, Coventry University ‘The book is written in a way that is accessible to non-law students. It makes relatively complex legal principles easy to understand.’ Nicola Smithers, Senior Lecturer in Law, The University of Northampton Alix Adams’ market-leading Law for Business Students is a firm favourite with business students for explaining the law in a jargon-free, engaging style and exploring the law firmly within the business world in which it operates. The text follows a six-part structure, beginning with an introduction to the study of law for those new to the subject, and then outlining each major area of legal concern in business including contracts and sales, liability, employment, corporate organisation and intellectual property. This eighth edition has been fully updated to reflect all major changes and developments in the law. Catering for a range of learning styles, Law for Business Students clearly outlines the main legal rules and cases. It uses business examples and topical news stories to reinforce understanding and demonstrate the practical application of the law. A broad variety of end-of-chapter resources ensures that you understand the key terms and issues covered in the chapter and gives you an opportunity to apply your knowledge in questions and activities relating to each topic. The full-colour page design clearly identifies each learning feature to help you get the most out of your study. MyLawChamber Join over 10 million students benefitting from Pearson MyLabs. This title can be supported by MyLawChamber, an online homework and tutorial system designed to build and test your understanding. MyLawChamber provides a personalised approach, with instant feedback and numerous additional resources to support your learning. Features: – an interactive Pearson eText for easy reference anywhere – a study plan designed to help identify your strengths and weaknesses – Virtual Lawyer, an interactive learning environment that helps develop your skills in answering legal problem questions – limitless opportunities to practice including a testbank full of multiple choice questions A student access card may have been included with this textbook at a reduced cost. If you do not have this access code, you can buy access to MyLawChamber online at www.mylawchamber.com.
Fortunately, LSAT For Dummies, Premier PLUS 2nd Edition—now with access to practice tests online prepares you for the LSAT by giving you proven test-taking strategies and ample practice opportunities. From the book you’ll gain the vital tools you need to understand the reasoning behind analytical reasoning, get a handle on logical reasoning, flaunt your talent in the writing section, master reading comprehension, and much more. Plus, go online and study wherever and whenever with free access to additional LSAT practice opportunities; and the ability to create customized practice in the subjects you need to study the most.
- Includes proven strategies to help you identify common pitfalls and increase your score
- Lets you test your skills with practice problems for every question type
- Premier edition offers additional test-taking opportunities online
If you’re an aspiring lawyer and want to put your best foot forward, LSAT For Dummies, Premier 2nd Edition has you covered.
For upper-level undergraduate and MBA students enrolled in an international business law course. August emphasizes the diversity and similarity of how firms are currently regulated and governed around the world.
A 4-stage developmental model providing a comprehensive, practical guide to clinical social work supervision
This text is a part of the Advancing Core Competencies series.
Clinical Social Work Supervision: Practice and Process presents a developmental model of supervision that helps supervisors meet the challenges of working with clinicians at different levels, and allows adaptations to style and focus as clinicians grow and change over time.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning – MySearchLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking – Students arechallenged to examine their own values, increase their self awareness, and put into practice the concepts discussed.
- Engage Students – Tools and tips, case examples and charts that cover all aspects of clinical supervision.
- Explore Current Issues – Information and tools for handling the management aspects of supervision—from hiring, evaluation, and disciplining of staff; ethics and liability issues; effective time management; self-care.
- Apply CSWE Core Competencies – The text applies the 2008 CSWE EPAS, with critical thinking questions and practice tests to advance student competency.
- Support Instructors – An Instructor’s Manual and Test Bank, Computerized Test Bank (MyTest), Blackboard Test Item File, MySearchLab with Pearson eText, and PowerPoint presentations are included in the outstanding supplements package.