Showing all 4 results
THE FIFTH EDITION IN SI UNITS of Fundamentals of Thermal-Fluid Sciences presents a balanced coverage of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and heat transfer packaged in a manner suitable for use in introductory thermal sciences courses. By emphasizing the physics and underlying physical phenomena involved, the text gives students practical examples that allow development of an understanding of the theoretical underpinnings of thermal sciences. A special effort is made to help students develop an intuitive feel for underlying physical mechanisms of natural phenomena and to gain a mastery of solving practical problems that an engineer is likely to face in the real world.
There is a reason why instructors around the world have relied on the market-defining product International Business – Competing in the Global Marketplace: it has consistently exceeded instructors’ expectations while preparing students to confront the unique challenges of global business.
International Business Asia Global Edition 2e goes one step further to offer more. A definitive text for Asian students and the global student interested in the multiple opportunities in Asia, it brings together the varied teaching, writing, and the global consulting expertise of Charles Hill, Chow-Hou Wee, and Krishna Udayasankar to create the most thorough, up-to-date, and thought provoking text on the market.
International Business Asia Global Edition 2e maintains a tightly integrated flow between the chapters and identifies how real managers succeed or fail in the global economy. It includes information, examples, and cases that highlight the challenges and opportunities of doing business in Asia, as well as the role of Asian businesses in the global market. The authors’ passion for international business is apparent on every page as they make important theories interesting, informative, and accessible to all readers.
· Cases, focus boxes, and exercises throughout the book show how theory relates to the practice of international business.
· Closing Case – Each chapter concludes with a Closing Case demonstrating the relevance of chapter material to the practice of international business.
· End-of-Part Cases – Longer End-of-Part casesallow for more in-depth study of international companies.
· Country Focus – Each Country Focus example provides background on the political, economic, social, or cultural aspects of countries grappling with an international business issue.
· Management Focus – Examples from companies further illustrate the relevance of chapter material for the practice of international business.
· Implications for Managers – At the end ofeach chapter in Parts 2, 3, and 4, sections titled Implications for Managers clearly explain the managerial implications of material discussed in thechapter.
· globalEDGE Research Task – Using the text and the global EDGE website, students solve realistic international business problems related to each chapter. These exercises expose students to the types of tools and data sources international managers use to make informed business decisions.
· Supplements for the instructor on the OnlineLearning Center give instructors online access to the Instructor’s Manual, CaseNotes, PowerPoints, Test Bank, globalEDGE answers, and student resources. For students, this website provides rich interactive resources to help them learn how to practice international business including chapter quizzes and interactive modules.
New in This Edition
6 new End-of-Part Cases on international companies
2 new Closing Cases on the practice of international business
2 new Country Focus analyses
3 new Management Focus articles
1 new Opening Article
ABOUT THE BOOK
Engagement, Leadership, Innovation. Based on the best-selling U.S. text Marketing, the third edition of Marketing in Asia continues a tradition of leading the market with contemporary, cutting-edge content presented in a conversational student-oriented style, supported by the most comprehensive, innovative, and useful supplement package available. This author team is committed to:
Building on past experiences as authors
Continuing their leadership role in bringing new topics and perspectives to the classroom, and
Focusing on pedagogical innovation that truly responds to new teaching and learning styles.
This text and package is designed to meet the needs of a wide spectrum of faculty from the professor who just wants a good textbook and a few key supplements, to the professor who wants a top-notch fully integrated multimedia program.
Marketing in Asia utilizes a unique, innovative, and effective pedagogical approach developed by the authors through the integration of their combined classroom, college, and university experiences. The elements of this approach formed the foundation each edition of Marketing in Asia and serve as the core of the text and its supplements as they evolve and adapt to changes in student learning styles, the growth of the marketing discipline, and the development of new instructional technologies.
NEW TO THE ASIA GLOBAL EDITION
1. New and updated chapter openers in context of Asian markets
2. New and revised end-of-chapter cases featuring companies in Asia
3. New and updated Marketing Matters boxes